Need a Party Wall Agreement? We Specialise in Party Wall Agreements.

Do You Need a Party Wall Agreement?


Listed below are examples of some of the most common types of works carried out where notification may be required under The Party Wall etc Act 1996:

- Building an extension.

- Building a loft conversion.

- Building a conservatory.

- Excavations within 3m (or 6m for deep excavations) of the Adjoining Owner's building.

- Underpinning the whole thickness of the party wall, along part or all of it.

- Demolishing and rebuilding the party wall, removing chimney breasts, etc.

Minor works such as installing shelves or wall units, replacing recessed electrical sockets, or re-plastering are generally regarded as not necessary for notification to neighbours.

You will need to give at least 1 months notice (often 2 months) before commencing. The adjoining owner may agree to allow the works to start earlier.